We welcome runners of all abilities. If you would like to join the club and start to run with us, please feel free to come along to one of our Tuesday or Thursday evening sessions (see the Training Page for more details).
Try us for free
You can come along to up to four sessions to see if we are the club for you. After that you will need to join the club – at an annual cost of only £12 – to continue to train with us. If you are interested in joining the club and would like to contact us before attending our training sessions please email us at CheddarRunningClub@gmail.com
To keep runners safe and within the terms of our insurance we have a few club rules all members must abide by. During the summer months children over the age of 8 may attend track sessions if under the instructions of their parents or an appointed adult. For safety reasons we do not allow runners younger than 13 years old to run with the club during winter months.
- All runners must wear a fluorescent bib for winter training, including those running off road. Vests are available to purchase from Gill Constable or any sports shop.
- Keep on the pavement wherever possible.
- Run in groups and stay to the safest side of the road. TRAFFIC HAS PRIORITY ON THE ROAD.
- If in the road and cars approach EVERYONE to stay on the same side as the lead runner.
- Check who is in your group. NEVER leave the tail runner behind. Split into smaller groups or frequently run back to the last runner to stay in touch.
- Take extra care when passing parked vehicles, especially in rain. Drivers and passengers often open their doors suddenly.
- Be courteous to other road users and pedestrians. You are the face of Cheddar Running Club, make it a good one.
- On timed runs especially, do not cross roads in a manner dangerous to you or other road users.
- For the safety of all runners dogs are not permitted to attend CRC training sessions.
- The club hosts an annual fell race in early March- The Big Cheese- which allows us to give thousands of pounds to charity. To make this event possible we need members to act as marshals on the day, so please put the date in your diary when it is released and make sure you are free to help!
The club’s membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March and costs £12 per year for adults aged 16 and over and £5 per year for juniors. Paying online via PayPal costs £1 to cover the transaction fees. We actively encourage those members who race to do so as part of Cheddar Running Club. In order to do this you will need to be affiliated with England Athletics at a cost of £14.00 per year. This will also enable you to receive discounts on affiliated raced and worth doing if you race regularly during the year. Adult membership Forms are available to download pdf or word document Junior membership Forms are available to download pdf or word document