A strong contingent of Cheddar runners took on the Clevedon 10k on the evening of Tuesday 14th June. The event attracted many of the fast runners from Bristol, Somerset and surrounding areas this year. It was a blustery evening and a little overcast. Luckily the recent warm temperatures had dropped a little. The route started on the outskirts of Clevedon, heading out onto quiet roads amongst flat farmland. The route continued along country lanes before heading back towards Clevedon. Our recent 10k-focused track sessions paid off and many runners secured shiny new PB’s 🙂
First back for Cheddar was Andy Rich in a time of 36:45 (PB) for 27th place overall and 5th in his category. Andy was followed by Greg Brock (37:38), Matthew Cooke (39:07), Sarah Landen (43:40 PB), Jeremy Newsome (43:42 PB), Tom Pope (44:05 PB), Jo Burke (44:06), Rachel Flinders (44:44 PB), Charlotte Fowler (45:40 PB), Joanne Rich (45:50 PB), Jill Wring (47:30), Mikki Coates (47:51), Sorrel Langley-Hobbs (49:49 PB), Sara Stobart (51:19), Jenny McNamara (52:30), Maxine Bateman (52:35 PB), Aniek Oosterhoff (52:43 PB), Andrea Cox (53:12), Gill Constable (53:41) & Stephanie Simmons (62:54).
In addition to all the PB’s highlights include….
– It was Gill’s best 10k time for eleven years.
– Both Gill & Mikki finished 1st in their category!
– Jo B finished 4th in her category.
– Sarah, Jo & Rachel all finished in the top-25 females.
– I *think* the Cheddar ladies team were 3rd this year.
– Jenny provided some excellent pacing support to Maxine & Aniek who both took huge chunks off their 10k PB’s.