The next Big Cheese will be held on Sunday the 20th March 2022 at 10am. We will be keeping the same venue and course as previous years. Entry fee is £18 (affiliated runners) £20 (unaffiliated) and £25 for entries on the day. Entry fee includes a free slice of cake and cup of tea or coffee
- Big Cheese Course Map
Registration opens 8:30am 20th March 2022 at Fairlands Middle School, Masons Way, Cheddar, Somerset BS27 3PG
- Baggage store
- Indoor seating area
- Tea and cake
Please note there aren’t any parking facilities at the school. Please park in the main car park in cheddar village next to the Riverside pub (Sat nav BS27 3PX)
The car park is ten minutes walk from the registration
The start is NOT at Fairlands school, it’s just over one mile away at the bottom of warren’s hill. The first two miles of the course are straight up, on to the mendips so you might want to use this as a warm up 🙂
The finish is at Fairlands school, cross the finish line where you can buy some home-made cakes. The school is open to competitors, it will be dry and warm!
- Q Do I need to navigate or will the course be marked
- A The course is marked and marshalled, you won’t get lost
- Q Is there a required kit list?
- A There isn’t a required kit list. You are responsible for your own safety when running this event. If the weather looks to be cold and wet bring appropriate clothing.
- Q What footwear do I need?
- A It’s likely to be pretty muddy, we recommend off road running shoes.
- Q Are there water stations?
- A Yes, there are water stations at miles 4, 7 and 11. There will be some snacks too, including some vegan food.
- Q Is there a cut off for the race
- A The cut off is 4 hours. There will be a sweeper to help motivate you 🙂
- Q Am I in the race?
- A All runners entered are listed here
- Q Is there a goody bag?
- A No goody bags but lots of prizes and a free cup of tea and slice of cake with every entry.
- Q Where can I park?
- A The main car park next to the riverside pub (BS27 3PX) has 129 spaces, all day parking is £3.50. It’s around ten minutes from the start and finish.
- Q Will there be refreshments at the finish?
- A Oh yes, we take our cake seriously
The course is approximately fifteen miles long. Nearly all of it is off road and will probably be quite muddy, you’ve been warned!
The elevation profile shows three main climbs. The first hill is up a wide path with plenty of opportunity to get into position.
Down load the runner’s course notes here